Tommy Thayer Rocks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy Thayer Rocks

Kiss Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New KISS Album 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

New KISS Album 2009 Empty
PostSubject: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 am

Hey,

here is a thread to post every information about the new KISS Album

It'll be a Album in the style of the 70ties and it'll be produced by Paul Stanley.
Back to top Go down
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:17 pm

New Statement from Gene Simmons

"We are making a new album produced by PAUL STANLEY, because I do not have the patience to get into a studio and stay there for six months. Who better than Paul for that? The idea is to make the record quickly, like we did at the time of Destroyer, Rock and Roll over and Love Gun. But we must be prepared, so we are now working on songs when we have time. Maybe in March we will go in a studio and recorded two or three songs. The idea is to work well, little by little, we can not spend too much time in the studio, it has to be fast."

(www.kissnews.de)
Back to top Go down
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm

KISS HITS STUDIO
03/13/2009 ROLLING STONE

NEW ALBUM - "CLASSIC '70's ROCK & ROLL VIBE"

The first studio album from Kiss in more than a decade will include songs “about the obvious things,” says bassist-singer Gene Simmons, citing titles such as “Rotten To The Core.” “No secret to life, no political messaging, nothing like that,” he says of the lyrics.

As previously reported, Simmons confirms Kiss’ first album since 1998’s Psycho Circus will be produced by singer-guitarist Paul Stanley. “I don’t have enough time to tie my shoelaces and there’s nobody else I trust more than Paul,” says Simmons, who’s currently in Toronto to find three Canadian acts to sign to his recently resurrected Simmons Records, for which he has partnered with Universal Music Canada and businesswoman/former politician Belinda Stronach.

While he juggles all his other projects and pursuits, the band is also in the studio. The songs are all written, Simmons says. “There’s nothing to prove to anybody. We’re not interested in musical trends or anything else. We’re too long in the tooth for that. So it’s going to be sort of a classic ’70s rock & roll vibe. Meat and potatoes. You know, sometimes you just want to go out and have a meat and potatoes thing [and] forget the French dressing.”

Kiss — Simmons, Stanley, guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer — will also continue touring for its 35th (now 37th) anniversary, beginning in South America in Santiago, Chile. Last year, the Kiss Alive/35 World Tour hit Europe, U.K., Australia, New Zealand and a few U.S. cities.

- kissonline.com
Back to top Go down
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:47 pm

ERIC MESSAGE ON NEW ALBUM

Heute um 17:41
NO BALLADS, NO SLOW SONGS, NO FILLERS!

You wanted the best ?

Well the wait is almost over...

I have been hearing KISS fans say for a longtime that "All's we want is NEW KISS music" ... Well, sometimes wishes do come true !

Last December Paul called me up saying he wanted to make a new KISS record. He seemed very keen and was very specific about the approach to our latest endeavors.

He basically said he wanted us to make a KISS record and music in the purest sense. Meaning No outside writers, the BAND plays on everything, and we use vintage equipment.

Guess what ?

The end result is everything I could have hoped for.

I have to say this has been the most fun and pleasure making a record I have ever been involved in. The chemistry and overall vibe really made for such a great atmosphere and the playing, sounds and songs just really capture what KISS is all about. Classic Rock & Roll.

As we were working up song ideas everyone was very in tune and conscious of our goals at all times. Gene and Paul would retrace their steps from the past and focused on paying tribute to their roots of the early styles of Classic KISS by paying close attention to the way they sang and the sounds of the instruments.

The camaraderie between everyone and especially Gene and Paul really made it easy for all to bring the best out of each other.

Paul took the reigns and headed up the project like the leader that he has been for over 35 years but, this time with a renewed, inspired and very patient style (he is a great dad after all). He really knew what he wanted from each of us individually and collectively.

We did the 11 new songs in small batches by getting into a rehearsal studio first to work up ideas. We then would move to the recording studio. The recordings would entail all of us playing "live" together in the room. As we captured each performance we would then add extra guitar parts and usually put a guide vocal on the track so we could live with it for a few days and make sure the tempos and vibe was right.

By the way we used NO click tracks on this record I am proud to say. We really went for capturing the live feel and essence of each song. And, Paul, Gene, Tommy and myself are the only musicians playing these songs. A true band effort and performance !

As for the songs ?

Well, no ballads, no slow songs, no filler...

The band really has come full circle.

Just pure straight ahead Rock and Roll that has all the elements that made you love KISS from day one.

Everyone sings lead on a song (Tommy and myself) and even trade off vocal lines and parts throughout the record.

Believe me the wait IS over and well worth it !

I hope you all enjoy listening to it as much as we did making it...

More as it happens !

ERIC
Back to top Go down
John Wicker

John Wicker

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 pm

This is going to be Awsome!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kissarmymissouridiv
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:52 pm

John Wicker wrote:
This is going to be Awsome!

Yeah man, Welcome to the board ;-)
Back to top Go down
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 am

Guitar Player Magazine:

"Heard 5 songs. If you dig KISS, you're gonna dig this new album. Paul sings his ass off. Eric plays some amazingly powerful drums. Gene was finally made to play all of his bass parts (apparently, in the past, if someone had a cool bass idea, he let them play it), and he DOES have a pretty driving sound. Finally, Paul and Tommy's guitars sound HUGE -- with some fab riffs and '70s-style solos."
Back to top Go down
PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PSFNR1 / Crisscatnr1

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:25 am

The new KISS Album is called "Sonic Boom" and the first single will be "Modern Day Delilah" which you can watch on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New KISS Album 2009   New KISS Album 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

New KISS Album 2009
Page 1 of 1